Marketing Health IT NOW… in 2013
One guy who actually has earned expert status in Social Media Marketing is Gary Vaynerchuk. Gary built his family retail wine business into a multi-million dollar operation, and now advises Fortune 500 companies on social media and online marketing.
In this 19 minute video he talks about current trends in marketing events. While Gary’s audience is event marketers, his points apply to any business attempting to market online today, now, in 2013.
Many businesses are marketing like it’s 2004. They are stuck in email, Google Adwords, or broadcast pushing content out on Twitter.
Go ahead… shut down your other devices and distractions and give the video a listen.
Here are a few highlights from the video:
1. Where do YOU see things going in 2013? How are you spending time online? How do YOU use, and notice other people using, mobile devices at home while relaxing, in the car, or while traveling?
2. “Marketers ruin everything.” Yes, marketers tend to overdo a good thing. People are now ignoring Groupon email offers, no longer click on Google Ads, and email open rates are way down. Consumers, and yes, Health IT decision makers, habits are changing. What changes do you see happening? How will you respond?
3. “Every person is a story teller.” It’s your job to find the way to break through all the noise to present your value proposition. You must have the attention of your prospect to get an at bat. You must understand how to story tell on those platforms where you can get attention.
4. New platforms are emerging to tell stories. Mobile, Google Glass, Vine, Snapchat, Instagram, Pinterest. How can you break down your Health IT story to gain attention with influencers and decision makers on these platforms? Realize that these platforms require different approaches to telling your story.
5. How can you add value to your social network? How can you engage without pushing content or your sales message? How can you Give, Give, Give… and then Ask?
Here’s an action idea. Go to Twitter Search. Search health IT, digital health, mobile health, EHR, mHealth. Follow Gary’s rule. Give, give, give. Answer questions. Provide advice and direction. Educate. Then ASK. Share your story. Go ahead…
GIVE it a try.
About Sam Stern
Sam is the Founder and Chief Marketing Technologist at Modallic. Modallic specializes in brand development and marketing for Mobile Healthcare Technology (mHealth) firms. As a life-long entrepreneur, Sam directs the mHealth storytelling and mHealth agile marketing process unique to the Modallic approach.