Public Relations for digital health firms today includes a new set of rules.
Traditional PR- articles in print publications such as industry trade journals, TV and radio interviews- no longer drives PR efforts. Yes, traditional PR has value, but the PR now is online focused.
5 Ways to Build Online PR for Digital Health
1. Attract Influencers- Having a team of Influencers builds the foundation of your online public relations efforts. Influencers are those thought leaders and spokespeople for your target market. They have your potential prospects as readers of their blog. Your future clients follow them on Twitter, Linkedin, and Google+.
Twitter is one of the fastest and easist ways to connect with influencers. But, you must have a plan. Check out this resource on how to get your first 1000 visitors from Twitter.
2. Write Guest Posts- In addition to consistent posting on your own blog, seek out guest posting opportunities on targeted digital health sites. Write posts on sites your targeted prospects visit. Check out the Alexa rankings to get an idea of the site traffic. Also, pay attention to the social sharing activity on the posts.
After you identify potential sites for guest posting, take these steps to getting your guest post accepted.
1. Participate in the blog community of the site. Comment on the posts. Share the posts on Twitter, Linkedin, and Google+.
2. Send a personal email to the blog owner. Compliment them on the post. Share with them insights you learned or conversation developed from sharing the post.
3. Pay attention to the blog’s topics, tone, and format of posts. Study the headlines and topics that get the most comments and social sharing.
4. After several weeks of commenting and social sharing of the site’s posts, and research of the blog topics, send an email to suggest a guest post topic that would add value for the readers.
5. Keep in mind, these sites are busy. Not all will want or accept guest posts. Have a target list of 20-30 sites.
3. Distribute Online Press Releases- Spread the news of your business with online press releases. Announce new products and services, conference participation, business expansion news using low-cost Press Release distribution services.
4. Create Viral Content- Create content that has the potential to go viral. Videos, infographics, and SlideShares that expand upon a popular blog post topics are your best viral bets.
5. Develop Marketing Partnerships- Seek out complimentary marketing partners to help cross-promote and co-sponsor your marketing efforts. Developing marketing partners requires a strategic plan. Outline the characteristics of an Ideal Marketing Partner. Create a list of potential marketing partners. Typically, your marketing partner opportunities will emerge from your Influencers and Guest Post opportunities.
Keep your online PR efforts simple and focused. Commit to taking daily action to move your Public Relations marketing forward.
Need help creating an Online Public Relations Strategy for your Digital Health firm?