Does your mHealth solution need more exposure in the market?
Do you have an mHealth app that truly adds value and makes a difference in better health and better living…
But nobody knows about it?
Do your executives lack the ability to deliver your story to the media?
Have you taken some hits, or criticisms on social media, and aren’t quite sure how to respond… or your response was awkward at best?
If those are the questions you’re asking, you’re probably looking for an mHealth Public Relations firm to help position your business in the best light.
How a PR Agency Helps Your mHealth Firm
A Public Relations Agency is your partner in spreading the word. They have contacts with healthcare websites and trade publications to publish your story. A PR agency provides in making sure you’re using The RIGHT Media to connect with your RIGHT Market with the RIGHT Message.
Your Public Relations Agency provides services in these three areas:
Public Relations Strategy and Execution- Determining the Right Media to spread your message to your target market is where a PR agency helps with your marketing strategy. PR firms have the contacts and relationships with industry websites and trade publications. PR execution involves online press releases and distribution, articles on industry websites and in trade publications, interviews with industry leaders in targeted print, online, TV, radio outlets. The PR agency can also help you tap into relevant trade shows and position you to land speaking opportunities at these events.
Here’s an example of a specific PR strategy for a physician EHR app that delivers more effective and efficient practice management:
Potential publications for press release distribution, articles and interviews:
- Medical Office Manager (MOM) monthly newsletter
- Journal of Medical Practice Management Professional Association of
- Health Care Office Management (PAHCOM)
- Physician Office Managers Association of America
- Family Practice Management–AAFP
And here are potential trade shows and events to attend for networking and potential speaking opportunities:
- Medical Group Management Association (MGMA)
- Midwest Podiatry Conference in Chicago
- ACP Internal Medicine April in Orlando
- APMA Annual Scientific Meeting in Hawaii
- American Academy of Optometry Annual meeting in Denver
2. Media Training for Executives- Many mHealth founders and executives are technology minded. They don’t have the training and skills to deliver platform presentations, write informative, engaging articles, or are out of their element in a TV, radio, or even an online podcast or video interview.
PR agencies are staffed with communications experts skilled in these areas. They can help to train executives, helping them become comfortable and competent in their role as an expert media spokesperson.
3. Crisis and Reputation Management- Suppose your mHealth firm is pulled into a lawsuit involving a death of a patient? Today, on social media, the word is likely to get out. You must respond to protect your reputation and your brand.
Or, perhaps you lack the social skills needed to navigate social media, and you made a few blunders. Or, your mHealth app has a string of negative reviews on iTunes. Again, the right response is required. Ignoring these crisis events and media glitches can destroy all the time, effort, and money invested in marketing, wreck your positioning, and blow up your brand.
The right response- a fast response- is needed. A PR professional is the medicine to keep your marketing, positioning, and brand in tip-top health.
The RIGHT Media is one of the three pillars of your marketing strategy. Without getting the Media piece Right, your Message isn’t effectively delivered to your Market.
If you have questions about PR strategy or execution, media training for your executives, or need crisis or reputation management, let’s get on the phone and see if we’re a fit to help you.