You know how to write the perfect mHealth blog post...
Now let’s take a deeper look inside what makes up an effective mHealth blog post.
In addition to appealing to the reader and moving the reader to take an action as you learned in writing the perfect mHealth blog post, there are certain elements, or best practices, to make sure your mHealth blog post is both compelling for your readers and gives Google and the search engines what they want to help gain top search ranking for your mHealth blog post.
Check out the infographic here and then return on the other side for how this applies to mobile health blog posts.
mHealth Blog Post- A Look Inside
Ok, now let’s recap these here.
Use this list as a blog edit checklist to optimize all your mHealth blog posts.
1. Title Tag- Include the target keyword phrase in the Title Tag. This blog post Title tag includes the keywords: “mHealth blog post”
2. URL- Make sure the URL includes the keyword phrase. Again, “mHealth blog post” is part of the URL of this blog post.
3. Blog Post Title- Include the keyword phrase in the blog post title. Keep in mind, you can have a different Title Tag and Blog Post Title, but both should include the keyword phrase.
4. Sharing Buttons- Include Sharing Buttons before, after, or on floating on the right side of your post to let readers easily Share your mHealth blog post in social media.
5. Image- Include an Image. Add the keyword phrase to the Image file name, Title of the Image, and the Alt Text of the Image.
6. Short Paragraphs- Avoid long, multiple sentence paragraphs. Keep paragraphs to 2-3, at most 4 sentences so readers can easily scan and read your post.
6. External links Include keyword links to relevant external links using your keyword phrase to optimize your mHealth blog post.
7. Key Point- Focus on one key point and highlight it on a separate line. See the second sentence in this blog post.
8. Internal Links- Link to other articles on your blog using the keyword to point readers to more information about your mHealth blog post.
9. Video- Add Video. Like this:
10. Titles and Sub-Titles- Use Titles and Sub-Titles to break up text and allow readers to easily scan your mHealth blog post. Include the keyword phrase in your sub-titles. Please see the sub-title that kicks off this list above.
11. Call To Action- ALWAYS ask your reader to take action. Leave a comment, share your post in social media, join your email newsletter, or download a free guide or ebook.
You are invited to download your FREE mHealth Blogging Tip Sheet. Click the button at the end of this post to get your Tip Sheet.
12. Like and +1 Buttons- Display the favorite social media platforms of your readers as separate sharing buttons. Do they use Twitter, Linkedin, and Google+? Display these buttons on your post.
13. META Description- This is your ad for your mHealth blog post. It’s the description that shows up in the search engine results or when someone shares your blog post on Facebook, Linkedin, or Google+. Use a plug in such as Yoast SEO to set your mHealth blog post META Description.
Follow these 13 steps to get the most out of your mHealth blog posts. Give your readers and the search engines what they want.