Any marketing agency you hire must have the ability to deliver value for your health IT firm.
Marketing agencies deliver value in their thinking, strategy, insights, and creative ideas beyond what you can develop in-house. Even if you have marketing expertise in-house, many health IT firms are too busy with product development or attracting funding to get the marketing right.
All too often, businesses are too close to the issue. A fresh perspective is needed. A collaboration with a marketing partner who understand s your problems, challenges, and opportunities can spell the winning difference.
Consider this final 5 Point Checklist to review before hiring a marketing agency.
1. Level of Experience- Experienced agencies cost more than an inexperienced agency. Look for a marketing staff with a track record of business and marketing agency experience. Keep in mind that hiring an inexperienced agency for less money.
However, in the long run, the inexperienced marketing agency costs time, money, and a potential psychological drain on the confidence of your business. Consider hiring a marketing agency an INVESTMENT in your business. Hire the most experienced agency you can afford.
2. Variety of Work- Obviously it’s better if the marketing agencyhas worked with a wide range of industries. This means they will have a deeper understanding of how various businesses work.
It’s even better of the agency has both a rich history of industries and projects, plus specializes in your particular industry.
3. Marketing Mindset- Does the agency have a pragmatic business sense of branding and positioning, the Buyers’ Journey, and Sales. Top marketing agencies today understand how direct marketing impacts sales with inbound marketing.
Is the agency focused on helping you increase sales rather than winning insustry awards?
4. Professional Follow-Up- You want to work with a marketing agency that is professional in its approach. The agency will ask lots of questions to fully understand your current reality and when you want to go. The agency will conduct research on your market and buyers.
Target dates and deadlines will be established. The agency will do what they say they’re going to do and hit deadlines and keep you posted of progress. Expect to provide input during the process, but allow time for the project to develop.
5. Clearly Defined Scope of the Project- Expect the agency to provide a document outlining the details of the projects specifics. The written agreement outlines the responsibilities of each party to avoid any misunderstandings so both parties know what’s expected.
This 5 point checklist should go a long way to help you selct the RIGHT marketing agency for your Health IT firm.
Of course, the ultimate safety valve for who to hire is…
Your Gut Feeling
When you boil it all down, the best advice I can offer you is:
Trust Your Gut. Does everything “feel right”?
Maybe after reading this, you feel we should talk and see if there’s a fit?
Schedule a 15-minute Discovery Call to find out.