Or another way to ask this question…
Can you remove ALL the risk to me when I hire you to do my marketing?
Or, I’d like all the upside potential of the sales that result from you setting my marketing straight, but if it doesn’t work, I risk nothing?
Kinda silly isn’t it?
No, we can not guarantee your results. Neither can any other marketing agency.
But we do guarantee we will work with you to develop a value-price for services that makes sense for you.
Here’s how most marketing agencies, heck nearly all professional services… attorneys, CPAs, business consultants… come up with a price:
They look at the product or service to be delivered, add up the projected cost in terms of hours, and then add a mark-up for profit. That determines the price.
Notice where you, the client, fall in this equation?
The problem is none of this has anything to do with the value to you, the client.
Here’s the thing…
You want the relationship with your marketing agency to get off on the right foot.
Unfortunately, many times we sense that clients are in such a hurry to get started on hot projects that they resist investing a few hours discussing what each party expects from the relationship. The 90 minutes it takes up front to clarify mutual expectations will save both of hours – if not days or weeks – of grief later on.
We get it that you want us to feel more accountable for results. Many agencies do a poor (or nonexistent) job of helping you track results.
Because they really don’t fully understand what you define as success in the first place.
Before we jump through hoops preparing a proposal and Scope of Work, first we’d like to discus the Scope of Value with you. We do a brief “Value Audit” as you begin our relationship, or before we dive in and start the Execution. This involves asking you and your major stakeholders the following questions:
- How does your mHealth firm make money?
- What is your profit model?
- Who is the brand’s “best customer”; the one that likely produces most of your sales and virtually all of your profits?
- Based on your profit model, which of our offerings do you most value?
- What specific results do you hope our services will help you achieve?
- If you worked with a marketing agency in the past, how did you measure success?
- Ideally, how would you like to measure success?
- If price wasn’t an issue, what role would you like us to play?
No, we will not guarantee results, but we promise to have a serious conversation about value.
If this approach to working with a marketing agency makes sense, perhaps we should invest 15 minutes and Discover if we’re a fit?